For many years Syd Cumbus has provided a brief review of the week’s meeting to the Lancaster Guardian for their Social Scene column. We’re now very happy to be able to also present these round ups on the website.
Morecambe Movie Makers hosted a joint meeting with Lancaster Photographic Society, each presenting a selection of images for the 50:50 evening. For part one the Chairman of Morecambe Graham Isherwood, introduced videos produced by members as follows:-
- ‘Glorious Windermere’ in high definition by Geoff Ducker
- ‘Alex Henshaw and the flight of the Mew Gull’ the story of his pioneering flight to Cape Town and back by Tim Churchill
- ‘Ron’s Chicken Run’ by Ron Wood
- ‘Lest We Forget’ a video produced on a DSLR camera by Peter Parker
- ‘Formula 1 – Fast & Loud’ the story of Silverstone by Dave Wertherley
- ‘A Fisherman’s Tale’ by Roland Ward
- ‘North Light’ showing landscape images of Northern England by Geoff Harrison
- ‘Six Miles out into the Bay’ a tale of shrimp fishing out of Flookburgh by Chris Abram
For part two Christian Cable, President of the Society introduced members whose work was shown as follows:-
- ‘Land of the Morning Calm’ by Chris Thoume. This presentation told the story of a visit to South Korea with images of the architecture of the capital, Seoul and the coastal city of Pusan. Scenes included the local markets and the Korean Grand Prix circuit.
- ‘What we did during our Summer Holidays’ Christian Cable detailed the outing of the Society to Brimham Rocks in Nidderdale, a trip to Liverpool and then images taken at a recent portrait workshop organized by John Aldred.
- ‘A week in Budapest’ This was a Pictures to EXE sequence by Vic & Sheenagh Crumley showing the magnificent architecture of the Hungarian capital.
Votes of thanks were given by Graham Isherwood on behalf of Morecambe Bay Movie Makers and by Christian Cable for Lancaster Photographic Society who thanked Morecambe for a warm welcome, splendid refreshments and for a very entertaining evening.