For many years Syd Cumbus has provided a brief review of the week’s meeting to the Lancaster Guardian for their Social Scene column. We’re now very happy to be able to also present these round ups on the website.
The latest meeting was divided into two parts. Part one of the evening was a presentation of members digital images.
Members taking part were:-
- John Aldred who explained how he produced a superb image of the recent Lancaster fireworks display
- Mike Atkinson showed landscape images and commented on the use of infra red
- Sally Anderson with interior photographs
- Christian Cable with pictures taken from unusual and difficult angles
- Chris Dale explained how he photographed bubbles and water splashes
- Andy Marsh who showed landscape images of Scotland and the Lake District
Part two was the Lancashire & Cheshire Photographic Union Colour Print portfolio.
A total of 60 prints from Societies and Clubs throughout the two counties were shown.
Judges elected by the Union were:-
- Malcolm Kus A.R.P.S.
- Tony Wharton F.R.P.S.
- Peter McCloskey F.R.P.S
Subjects included landscapes, Seascapes, Portraits, Sports and Record. The judges had awarded most points to prints exhibited by members of Wigan 10 Club. Other Societies represented included The Isle of Man, Chorley, Macclesfield, Bolton and Poulton-le-Fylde. Members commented on whether or not they agreed with the adjudicator’s marking.
The President, Sally Anderson thanked members who had participated in the evening.