Sally Anderson led one of the projects for this year’s Project Night about image composition.
Here are some of her tips…
Rules of Composition
- Simplify the scene
- Fill the frame
- Avoid the middle – Rule of Thirds
- Leading lines and diagonals
- Space to move into
- Creative with colours
- Balancing elements
- Symmetry and pattern
- Depth of field
- Telling a story
- Creating conflict
- Breaking the rules and experiment
- Guidelines for Better Photographic Composition: Avoiding Mergers – Photography Composition Articles
- 10 rules of photo composition (and why they work) – Digital Camera World
- 10 Top Photography Composition Rules – PhotographyMad
- 25 Photo Composition Tips – PhotoFocus
Two books I found very interesting.
Download these Composition Notes by Sally Anderson as a PDF for printing.