12 February 2018 - Competition Evening 4 - The Presidents Challenge - ‘A group of 3’
Judge; Alan Hartley
- This competition will be judged by Alan Hartley, who proposed the idea of featuring 'the group of 3" in our competition season.
- This competition will limit members to a maximum of 2 submissions, either submission can be colour or mono, or a mixture of both.
- Each submission will contain image1, image2, image3 and composite - image 4 taking the form of a composite image made up of images 1, 2 and 3.
- Images 1,2 and 3 are to be sized in the usual way - 1400x1050. The composite image is to be sized 1920x1080. LPS has produced a special image resizing tool for Windows which will do this resizing for you, and this can be downloaded here. DO NOT USE the normal LPS competition tool for this competition.
- For the composite image, create a blank image 1920x1080 then import the three UNRESIZED (to retain image quality) images that you wish to use.
- There will be no constraint on the way members arrange images 1, 2, and 3 in the composite image.
- The images will be submitted on a memory stick as usual.
- Members will be able to size images 1, 2 and 3 in the normal way.
- The composite image is an illustrative image of the group of 3, and exists to show how images 1, 2 and 3 relate to each other.
- A tutorial on one way to composite images is available here
How to title and arrange your images on the memory stick
XX = your initials
For those members who feel challenged by the resizing and compilation of their images, help will be on hand during the LPS meeting on 15 January: bring your images on a memory stick.If this form of competition proves popular, Alan will look at producing helpful software for members. Some information on how to combine images for this competition