Ever since we had to bring our meeting season to a premature halt, our technical wizards (Brad and Alan) and our Competition Secretary (Carole) have been working away to allow our final two planned competitions to run. The leader board is dead close at the top, so we really do want to see who's going to climb to the top!
You produce your images just as you did before. If you use Windows, we really, really want you to the use our Entry Preparer app, as that makes things so much easier for us to handle. If you use a Mac, we've got some simple instructions for you to follow to get your images ready for submission.
You'll find the Windows Entry Preparer app and are Mac Competition Manager apps on the website in the Software area.
For these competitions we've done away with using USB sticks, so no need to worry about how you get them to us. Instead, we want you to send your entries in using WeTransfer a free, easy-to-use website that will send your files in one easy operation. Come the deadline, we'll get everything prepared for the judge and send the images away. The judge will look them over at home and send the scores and comments back to us. And then we'll publish this on the website and let you all know.
We now declare COMPETITION 7 to be OPEN. You can submit up to 2 colour images and up to 2 mono images, and they can be on any subject you choose. The image sizes must fit into the standard 1920 pixels wide by 1440 pixels high frame as before. Take a look, then, at these links to get the full instructions:
- If you use Windows: Submitting LPS Competition Entries by WeTransfer (Windows and Entry Preparer) PDF
- If you use a Mac: Submitting LPS Competition Entries by WeTransfer (MacOOS) PDF
- And if you use Windows but don't want to use the Entry Preparer (and we really would appreciate it if you did use it) then look here: Submitting LPS Competition Entries by WeTransfer (Windows without Entry Preparer) PDF (please don't use this last method unless you really have to)
These tell you how to set your images out, and how to get them to use with WeTransfer. We want your COMPETITION 7 entries in by bedtime on FRIDAY 1MAY, so you have plenty of time to get to grips with the new procedure.
Don't be apprehensive that your computer skills are not up to it - the steps are really easy, and if you need help there's the Facebook page, or you can email to CompetitionEntries (at) LancasterPhotographicSociety.org.uk
There are some things to ask of you:
- Please DON'T send your entries in by email;
- please DON'T send them to anyone's personal email address;
- please DON'T drop USB sticks off with anyone.
That will help us not lose track of your precious images. Follow the guides and your entries will get to the right place. So keep yourselves and your families safe and isolated, and enjoy our all-Internet competitions!! May the best photographer win!!
Carole, Brad and Alan